A I C C S
Procedure for AICCS Membership and Accreditation:
- School official submits "Membership Application and Institutional
Profile" along with the $200 annual fee.
- If school is approved for membership, a Membership certificate is issued which is valid for one year.
- Member schools will maintain that status so long as their annual
reports are current and their annual fees are paid.
- Schools which are not approved for membership will receive a full
refund of their annual $200 fee.
- Member schools only may apply as a "Candidate for Accreditation" by
submitting the official form and paying a $200 fee; AICCS will issue a
"Candidate for Accreditation" certificate which will be valid for six months.
- AICCS will mail the Accreditation Guidelines Handbook to the candidate
school, along with a Self-study Workbook and a detailed checklist of
expectations and preparations to be completed before the on-site visit by the
Accrediting Commission team from AICCS.
- The school will schedule an on-site visit by the team of evaluators
from AICCS within the 6-month period while this Candidate certificate is
- If the school is unprepared or unable to schedule an on-site visit
within the first 6-month period, it may renew that Candidate certificate for
up to three additional 6-month periods by paying the $200 renewal fee for each
- A school may hold Candidate status for no more than two years; if the
school remains a Candidate for Accreditation for more than two years without
scheduling an on-site visit, the school must wait one year before re-applying
for Candidate status.
- The school must pay the $1,000 accreditation fee when it schedules the
on-site visit by the AICCS evaluation team.
- The candidate school must pay the round-trip travel before the on-site visit. Overnight
lodging and meal expenses for the 2-day visit by the accreditation team from
St. Louis, Missouri must be paid within 30 days of the completion of the on-site
- Shortly after the on-site visit, the team will report to the
Accrediting Commission of AICCS; this commission will evaluate the school's
compliance with the accrediting criteria and vote to grant or deny
- If the vote is favorable, an "Accredited Member" certificate will be
issued to the school, but only after all expenses of the on-site visit have
been paid in full.
- If the vote is not favorable, deficiencies will be noted, the school
will be advised, and an extension of time of up to one year will be granted for
the school to come into full compliance, with a one-time additional fee of
$200 being charged.
- Accreditation is valid for seven years, if annual fees are paid and
annual reports are submitted; "Accredited Member" certificates will be issued
each year, with the expiration date prominently noted. An AICCS-accredited
school must schedule an on-site evaluation visit and be re-certified every
- Annual Accreditation Fees (for schools to maintain that status) are:
- Schools with up to 100 students
- Schools with 101 to 300 students
- Schools with 301 to 500
- Schools with 501 to 1,000 students
- Schools with more than 1,000 students